Recipe for Paruppu Thogayal - Bengal gram Red Chutney

It is raining and I want to have something real hot and spicy. The first thing that came out of my husband's mouth is, I would prefer a Paruppu thogayal and milagu rasam. I then made the Paruppu Thogayal, but as I had already made Rasam in the morning skipped the Milagu Rasam, though I made it the next day.

This is ofcourse a very simple and easy to make recipe, which can be made within 10 mins.

Ingredients:
Thuvar Dal - 1 cup
Salt - To taste
Hing - a pinch
Curry Leaves - a few
Coriander Leaves - a few
Red Chillies - 8 to 12 (depending upon the spiciness).
Oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
In a pan heat oil. Fry the Thuvar Dal till it becomes golden brown. Add hing, red chillies and curry leaves and fry again.

Grind everything together along with coriander leaves. This can be had with hot rice and ghee. A great side dish for poondu rasam or milagu rasam too.

No comments: